Pittsford Community Lacrosse
Emergency Action Plan
1. Designate someone in charge of management of an emergency.
2. Ideally an adult with a minimum of basic first aid training should be on site.
3. Ideally, at a minimum basic first aid kit with materials to clean, cover, or immobilize an injured body part should be on site.
4. Make sure cell phone access is available for 911 calls. If not, have a back-up plan for contacting emergency need. Have needed emergency numbers on site.
5. Ideally at the youth level, more than one adult should be present to deal with the emergency and the other team members.
a. Number of Emergency service if not 911 _______________________
b. Number of first person to begin emergency chain _______________________
c. Number of back-up person to call if needed _______________________
6. Ideally at the youth level, a phone chain should be established to notify parents of appropriate situation.
We also use the SI Play mobile app for communications via app, email, and text.
7. Know where the closest emergency care is located and how to give directions to emergency personnel, if necessary.
8. Make sure gates are open and access to field and athlete are not blocked.
9. Person in charge must control the scene and initiate the above plan of action.